Friday, October 28, 2011

Tidbits



On our way to get our new table and dresser we had a picnic at Strawberry Patch Park in Madison. Though do not be deceived we did not find a single strawberry or patch in the entire park. Sometimes I wonder about these Mississippians...

However, a beautiful park and a gorgeous day.


We played frisbee, and had Andy's famous egg salad sandwiches. Famous because he always "gets" to make them, and not me :)

::::::::::::::::::::::


We also were invited to Christina's (Andy's bosses daughter) birthday party. She turned 7, and adores us, and by us I mean Andy.  But as the wife I get to come too. This is the family that gave us their old couch, and while we were there they gave us an old end table, and a jar that they found in their barn. I think Wendy Glover just spends her time thinking of what she can do for others. They are really a great family; a family with 9 kids, all home-schooled. Wow.
She thought of us when she found the jar because she know's we make candles and thought we would like it. I love how it says "fresherator" on it. So funny! I wonder what it originally held.

The end table is old, broken, beat-up, and perfect! Maybe one day I will do something with it, but its wonderful right now.


Wait a sec...Was it my birthday or Christina's? 

But seriously, it was a fun family birthday party. She had one friend so it was pretty relaxed, and her sister made homemade pizza, and an AMAZING chocolate cake with fudge icing. So good!

And for her birthday I made her some hair bows. She likes lavender and red.


No comments: