Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Snow Queen



I got to open an early Christmas present this past weekend. Andy bought me tickets to Ballet Magnificat's Snow Queen!




It was wonderful! I loved the story and music (though it made me miss dancing!). And Andy actually liked it as well!

I loved the performance and I love the Company and what they are doing. 

Ballet Magnificat is a Christian ballet company that tours nationally and internationally. "Magnificat is Latin for "to magnify Him".  It is derived from "Mary's Song" of praise in the 1st Chapter of the the Gospel of Luke when she first learned she was to be the mother of the Messiah. Ballet Magnificat! is an arts organization dedicated to presenting the good news of Jesus Christ to the whole world."

The Snow Queen is based on a Hans Christian Andersen tale and had a very Narnia like feel to it. It is about  two children Kai and Gerda. Kai is captured by the Snow Queen and Gerda goes to rescue him. The Snow Queen represents the world, and Gerda's quest to save Kai is reminiscent of the Pilgrim's Progress in the battles she fights. 

Here is a clip showing some of the rehearsals:




Thank you Andy!



No comments: