Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Freedom!


We are officially debt free!!!

At the beginning of last year we prayed to be debt free by the end of 2012. We read a Dave Ramsey book and we were more or less trying to be "gazelle intense." However, as we looked at the year ahead we felt like we had to make the decision to put money towards debt or trips to family and friends (weddings, Christmas, reunion, etc.). Surprisingly this was a hard decision for me. Once I set my mind to something I have a hard time going back on it (stubborn?, maybe...). And since we said we were going to be debt free then we will be debt free!

Thankfully, Andy proved to be my balance yet again, and helped me realize what would I remember in 10 years: debt free a year earlier or time with and memories of friends and family? Is being debt free 6 months to a year earlier really more important than seeing family? Perspective.

So the decision was made. My hands now holding loosely the money the Lord gave us, we still tried to give what we could to debt, but it looked impossible last January. 

And here we are! I think we are still shocked to see how the Lord has provided the past year, and thankful and amazed to be where we are now. 





1 comment:

Janet said...

that is great! what a good example you are of Godly stewards. thanks for sharing.