Saturday, July 9, 2011

Welcome to Mississippi



So we made it! It was a long two days. Thankfully, my parents helped us move and we are very grateful. We were able to fit all we own into our car and my dad's truck. Thank you, also, to everyone who has been praying for us. We've been here a week and still can't believe we are in Mississippi.

So let me show you around our house, which we love despite the lack of furniture:

first day

side

back yard (We have grass!)

Love our kitchen!

dining room- Andy's boss graciously lent us their camping table to use

Living room- we are in desperate need of a couch
master bedroom (thank you Nana for our entertainment center :))

One of two baths

guest room/office/storage

So that is it. We're settling in and trying to get to know Jackson a little better. A few things we've been praying for and would love your prayers as well are: that we would trust the Lord to provide financially, a job for me (Kellie), a couch, dresser, and dining table.



10 comments:

Gregory Jeffrey said...

Awesome!! this is sweet! You're place is so cool. Does water or sweet tea come out of the faucet though? :P haha stupid joke. miss you kellie and andy.

Janet said...

I love the pictures of your house ! so cute, and inviting, we will continue to pray for you both, for needed furniture and job in MISSIPPI. wish we were closer.
p.s. have you stocked the trout pond yet??

jenny said...

Oh I love your house!! I SOOOO wish I could have just given you our old couch. I will continue to pray that the Lord provides - and a wonderful job for you... Love you guys.

Kate said...

your house is awesome!! i look forward to seeing how the lord will provide for all your needs. love you both!

brooke :) said...

So stoked for you guys!! incredible that the Lord gave you all this so quickly :) wish you weren't all the way across the country though! Praying for your adjustment to life out there and for your more tangible needs as well. can't wait to see you guys again next month :)

Betty said...

LOVE that your blog has begun and I love the title of your blog ... great choice!! Thanks for giving us a welcome tour of your new home and I can see why you were thrilled to see it after renting it sight unseen. God is good. I'll continue to pray for you both. xoxo

donnasue said...

Great kitchen! triangle workspace and plenty of room to dance:)love the colors outside and inside. Hey kel have you consider a tea house or coffee place like starbucks. with a college degree they move you to manager in no time. I'm thinking I may try for something like that here but not till after the wedding but don't tell anyone:)love you guys for taking the effort to get this wonderful blog started and your title is from Esther right? I was reading that book the other day and was struck with that phrase for some reason,good choice.

donnasue said...

i forgot my identity in the blogo- sphere? did you guess who unknown was?

Betsy said...

hey guys...
great blog!!! love seeing where you guys are at. miss you and hope to chat soon. :)

Barb said...

Hey guys. Glad you made it there safe and sound. I think the house is just adorable! Thanks for sharing. I just read a book that was based in Jackson, Mississippi called "The Help". Great book with a lot of history from the 60s. You would enjoy it! Missed you both in Yosemite but hope to catch up in August at Greg's wedding. Love you guys. Aunt Barb