Monday, August 29, 2011

A visit.

This weekend our good friend Matt came to visit us. Matt is from my hometown, went to UofA with us, and was Andy's good friend and roommate. Somehow we all ended up in the South. Matt lives in Nashville and was willing to come to MS to see us. We had an easy, relaxing weekend: hung out at coffee shops, watched a weird, but good movie (Catfish, anyone?), ate way too much sweets, and went to the reservoir. 


We also went to Brent's Drugs for lunch on Sunday. It's an old-time burger and soda place, and we had heard a lot about it, especially since it was featured in The Help. The food was delicious, and the company was lovely: an old friend plus some new ones from Redeemer.  Sadly it was our waiter's first day and we waited over an hour for our food and almost 2 hours for our shakes!...but... he looked like he was about to have a nervous breakdown so we were patient (well mostly). 




(Andy is pretending that he was just attacked by something; obviously we were not fooled.)



Also I wanted to share the sermon from Sunday's service at Redeemer. So good! And by good I mean convicting. It is called The Suffering Savior, and is about our suffering when we follow Christ. I've heard many sermons/passages on suffering but I didn't think they applied to me, unless I move to a 3rd-world country or face violent persecution. I am very blessed and to call anything that I am going through as "suffering" is usually me having a pity-party. However, I love what Pastor Campbell has to say, and I hope that when I am faced with a decision to follow Christ that I would choose to suffer.

No comments: