Saturday, November 12, 2011

Another furniture update



Would you believe we were given another free couch! Our sweet friends here in Jackson were getting a couch from her parents, and gave us their old one :) Which is probably the newest thing we have owned in our whole marriage, or maybe newest looking thing. :)




And a bookshelf on craigslist. I love how tall it is :)



We do feel truly blessed. A few months ago I remember all I wanted was to be able to sit next to Andy while watching a movie or a show. Not on the floor or on hard wooden chairs, just next to each other. Or how all I wanted was to sit at a table to eat my food, or read my bible. And the Lord has answered our prayers above and beyond, especially with our house starting to feel like home.

And though furniture is nice,  it is just stuff. We continue to pray that the Lord will fill this house with loved ones. 



3 comments:

donnasue said...

Love your post and that last sentence made me exhale with a contented ahh feeling. Thanks for sharing about your gifts from friends/the Lord.
I am thankful along with you.
Plus I enjoy seeing your home growing more cozy with almost every post.

Anonymous said...

Love how God has provided all of your needs. Isn't it amazing how we think we know just what is important but God sees the needs. By the way, I love the chair!!! Ha! Ha! Glad you are feeling at home there. Would love to visit and see you. Love, Nana

Andy Jeffrey said...

Nana, we would love to see you! We miss you terribly. Our home is always open :)