Thursday, April 26, 2012

Treasured Word and new machine



Just wanted to give a little update on TreasuredWord. Thank you to all who checked out my shop. So far I have been very encouraged by what little success I have been having on Etsy. I am still selling, and am almost sold out of what I originally bought to make! I can't wait to start looking for new fabrics and planning what I will do next.

I was having some sewing machine trouble. It wasn't broken but it just didn't want to make the verse packs. After about one it would start to jam, which was a bit of a problem, to say the least. Then, about two weeks ago, I received an order for 35 verse packs! We were shocked! With that, and a little bit of savings we were able to buy a new machine. God provided so beautifully for us in His perfect timing. He also has blessed me with an amazing husband who spent two days helping me finish all those verse packs to get them sent out in time.




Here she is!


With all the problems my old machine was giving me, I had forgotten that I actually do like to sew!

The room used to be set up where my machine was right where that arrow is. After about a half hour I'd usually feel like I needed to lie down for awhile because of feeling tired or a headache. Scary!

 Now my machine is in the living room, with...


A new table skirt I made :) It turned out a little too long, but at least it hides the plastic bins.  Most of my craft/office/treasuredword things were scattered about in different bins, baskets and places and I was desperate to have them all in one place. I bought the wood at Lowe's and put it on top of two plastic drawer bins we already had. (see the above pic - I meant to get a good before shot but completely forgot till it was too late) I love how it turned out, and that everything is in one place. *Sigh* 

My hope is that sometime Andy will stain and lacquer the table and maybe even add some real legs to it. I got the idea from this


But also loved this. So I combined them for the cheapest-for-me option. 



** And we'll keep you updated on the mold situation. We have had a flood of info and help in searching for a house, by which we feel so blessed and encouraged. However please be praying for our talks with our landlord. He wants to get a second opinion about the mold. And got very defensive when we mentioned wanting to move. Saying things like we should be willing to meet him half-way, etc.




No comments: