Sunday, August 26, 2012

Handy Andy



  It is funny how small inconveniences can make you want to spend hundreds of dollars on electronics. 

The before
     Our computer is also our TV. I was getting tired having to set it and the speakers up every time we wanted to watch something. Since we are not quite ready to take the TV plunge, for various reasons, I was looking for something to better house our laptop. I had envisioned adding wheels to an end table or nightstand, but could not find what I wanted via Craigslists, and of course to be patient was asking too much.
Insert, awesome hubby who offered to build something for me. :) 

     I had found a similar idea on Pinterest, but we simplified it and changed the measurements to suit our needs. What you need: 2 16x36 cut in half courtesy of Lowe's, nails, wood glue, screws, sand paper, spray paint, and casters (which I found out when I asked the Lowe's person where the small wheel thingy's are).

Start by sanding the wood till it is smooth.

If you don't have wood clamps, or a helping hand use bricks to prop the pieces then glue and nail together.

Tada!

Spray paint and screw in wheels. It took us to cans two cover the cube, but might have been better if we used  a primer first.


Andy did such a good job, I was so impressed with how it turned out.

Total cost was under $30! 

LOVE it!  This was our first project making anything (and by "we" I mean Andy because let's face it he did all the hard work :)), and I am so glad it turned out. Now when we want to watch a movie we roll it out in front of the couch and when we are done we roll it back! So simple and so glad we took the risk and just did it.


No comments: