Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Reno and a redo

We are leaving today to fly to Reno, NV for a college friend's wedding. She met a Frenchman while in Paris, and got engaged on the Swiss Alps! I mean it could be a movie!  And is now getting married!

We are so excited for her, and for a chance to catch up with a few college friends. I am so grateful we both have jobs that allow us the freedom to do this. I'm sure the wedding will be gorgeous, it is on the beach of Lake Tahoe. So it's kinda like a 2nd honeymoon for us. Well...minus the camping and sharing my tent with a girl. 


...


On a completely unrelated topic, here is a little revamp of a lamp that I did. Andy wanted a lamp above the piano, I didn't want it because it didn't match anything. However, with a little spray paint, and some scrap fabric it works. 
We got this lamp for free from a very lovely person who no longer needed it. :) 

Cute, but not the right color.

Tada!

It turned out better than I thought it would! For the lamp shade, I cut a rectangle of fabric that was the height of the shade and long enough to wrap around. Then, using a hot-glue gun, I folded the top in pleats as I glued it down. I had a closer image but it got deleted.

No comments: